BBC BASIC for Console V0.39 released
Towards the end of November, Richard has updated the Console Mode editions of BBC BASIC to version 0.39. The changes in this version are:
- Fixed an off-by-one bug which resulted in a crash if the response to an INPUT LINE statement was a maximum length string (255 characters).
- Added a new example program patience.bbc which is a simple Patience (Solitaire) program, adapted from one first published in Practical Computing nearly 40 years ago! Note that it uses VT100 line-drawing characters, which may need to be enabled in some terminal emulators (particularly PuTTY). See the code for more information.
Version 0.39 may be downloaded from the usual place:
- Windows edition (64-bits)
- MacOS edition (64-bits)
- Mac M1 native edition
- Linux edition (64-bits)
- Raspberry Pi OS edition (32-bits)
- Raspberry Pi OS edition (64-bits)
- Raspberry Pi Pico edition