Matrix Brandy general development thread

I figured I don't have a development comments thread here where I can just brain-dump what's going on, thoughts to try out etc. A bit like the thread over on the other forum.

Comments

• About a year ago I added some (very tentative) support for passing floats via SYS for the Brandy_dlcall feature. Unfortunately this created a regression that a value passed by a float variable was put in the wrong place for all other SYS calls, even if the float variable contained an integer. This has now been fixed, so float variables and values are only handled specially for Brandy_dlcall and Brandy_dlcalladdr, for all other calls they're handled in the old way as integers.

Oops....
  • Soruk wrote: »
    float variables and values are only handled specially for Brandy_dlcall and Brandy_dlcalladdr, for all other calls they're handled in the old way as integers.
    Does passing floats in SYS calls now work correctly on all the supported platforms (including both 32-bit and 64-bit Raspberry Pi) as far as you know? The code I use relies on a non-standard feature of GCC (nested functions).
  • Not on all platforms, then again not all platforms support this method of calling (notably, RISC OS). Mine also uses this nested functions, as when I was trying to get this working you shared a code snippet with me, however it has not undergone extensive testing.
  • Soruk wrote: »
    you shared a code snippet with me
    I had completely forgotten. It must be nice to have a working memory.