Console Mode edition not working in Windows?

I have received a report that the BBC BASIC Console Mode edition for Windows is not outputting to STDOUT (although where it is outputting to is very unclear); there is a thread at the forum. If anybody can shed some light on what I find to be a very mysterious situation (until this came up I would have been 99.9% sure it was outputting to STDOUT) perhaps they could comment there.

Comments

• I have received a report that the BBC BASIC Console Mode edition for Windows is not outputting to STDOUT
    Panic over, it turns out that my correspondent was mistaken. Despite him seemingly having done tests which 'proved' that it was not outputting to STDOUT, he now says he made a mistake and in fact it is.
  • User error. An easy mistake.
  • Soruk wrote: »
    User error. An easy mistake.
    The user was adamant about the fault, and extremely unhappy (noting that 50 or so other languages he had tested worked properly, with only BBC BASIC failing). I received many (polite, but persistent) emails about it, and it was stressing me out mightily. So maybe an "easy" mistake, but one which could easily have had drastic consequences.
  • Yes, I totally understand. Point I was trying to make was, user error, not at all a fault in BB4C.